NOTICE: Visit the FTC web site (http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/online/sitesee//) for important information about safe surfing from the Federal Trade Commission.
1. This policy covers how we treat personal information that we collects and receives, including information related to your past use of our products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
2. This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control, or to people that we do not employ or manage.
1. We collect personal information when you register with us, when you use our products or services, when you visit our pages or the pages of certain partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. We may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
2. When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. For some financial products and services we may also ask for your address, Social Security number, and information about your assets. Once you register with us and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
3. We collect information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of financial products and services that we offer.
4. We automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information, and the page you request.
5. We use information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
1. When a child under age 13 attempts to register with OdinJobs, we ask that he or she have a parent or guardian create a Family Account to obtain parental permission.
2. We will not contact children under age 13 about special offers or for marketing purposes without a parent's permission.
3. We do not ask a child under age 13 for more personal information, as a condition of participation, than is reasonably necessary to participate in a given activity or promotion
1. We does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
a. We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with us under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help us communicate with you about offers from us and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
b. We have a parent's permission to share the information if the user is a child under age 13. Parents have the option of allowing to collect and use their child's information without consenting to our sharing of this information with people and companies who may use this information for their own purposes;
c. We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
2. OdinJobs may display targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
a. We do not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
b. Our advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
2. OdinJobs lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to OdinJobs's cookies. For more information about network advertisers and third-party ad servers, visit the OdinJobs Privacy Center: Network Advertisers and Third-Party Ad Servers reference page on the Web.
3. OdinJobs uses web beacons to access OdinJobs cookies inside and outside our network of web sites and in connection with OdinJobs products and services. For more information about our use of web beacons, visit the OdinJobs Privacy Center
1. You can edit your OdinJobs Account Information, including your marketing preferences, at any time.
2. Certain communications from OdinJobs, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the OdinJobs Newsletter, are considered part of OdinJobs membership and you may not opt out of receiving them.
1. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
2. Your OdinJobs Account Information is password-protected. In certain areas OdinJobs uses industry-standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions.
1. OdinJobs may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your OdinJobs account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.